Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Summer in the City

What could be better than New York City? I'll answer that for you; nothing. This summer was one of the best of my life. From visiting D.C. to the greatest urban jungle, my schedule was packed. Aside from shopping in SoHo (my favorite!) to people watching while drinking a coffee at Starbucks, I went to the LIM Fashion Lab that LIM College has for high school students. I took the morning course of "Fashion Field Trip" where we visited a little hidden factory that design flowers for famous designers, the Red Light PR company, the publishing company, Condé Nast (publisher for Allure, Glamour, Lucky, Teen Vogue, The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, Vogue, etc.), and Hand Me Down Showroom where I learned all of the nuts and bolts of selling and buying. I learned more than I ever learned about the business of fashion in that week in New York City than ever before. I have decided that I would like to become a buyer. That would entail going to a school for fashion merchandising, which I hope to next year. While I was at this camp, I met a new friend named Alex who has impeccable style (as seen below) and is from Florida, too. It turned out we have a lot in common. I learned a lot from her, as well. I can't stress enough to you that you have to follow your dreams. Be happy, mes amours. Life is as simple as that.~











(Picture 1: sunglasses- Coach, dress- Francesca's. Picture 2: sunglasses- Coach, earrings- American Eagle, white tank- Roxy, orange skirt- Ann Taylor LOFT, sandals- Aldo, purse- Forever 21. Picture 9: earrings- Francesca's, dress- a New York City boutique in SoHo, belt- Target, sandals- Francesca's, purse- Forever 21. Picture 10: sunglasses- Coach, dress- Ann Taylor LOFT, purse- vintage.)

xoxo,
Tina<3

*I want to thank my mother, my aunt, and my great aunt for making this trip possible. I love you all.*

1 comment: